The Cheesiest of Mac and Lobster Cheeses
- 1 & ½ pounds of cooked Florida lobster – cut in bite sized chunks
- 1 pound of elbow macaroni
- 1 quart of whole milk
- 1 stick of unsalted butter (6 tablespoons for mixture, 2 for the breadcrumbs)
- ½ cup of all-purpose flour
- 12 ounces of Gruyere cheese (4 cups)
- 8 ounces of extra-sharp cheddar (2 cups)
- 1 ½ cups fresh breadcrumbs
- Vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large pot, boil water. Add a tablespoon of salt and a tablespoon of oil. When the water comes to a boil, add the pasta.
- Then, in a saucepan on low heat, warm the milk.
- In another large pan, melt 6 tablespoons of butter and add the flour. Cook over low heat for 2 minutes, stirring with a whisk until it thickens.
- While continuing to whisk, add milk a cup at a time.
- Move the sauce off the heat and add all the cheeses, 1 tablespoon of salt, ½ teaspoon of pepper, and ½ teaspoon of nutmeg.
- Place the cooked macaroni and lobster in the cheesy sauce and stir. Then pour into large casserole dish.
- Coat top of mac and cheese with bread crumbs.
- Bake 30-35 minutes until the sauce is bubbly and topping slightly browned on top.
Meet the cast and crew of Into the Blue! Come be a part of the filming and meet us on site May 2-5, 2018 at Blue Marlin Cove Resort & Marin! They are offering a special 20% OFF ALL RATES at point of check in, but you must be pre-booked by March 15th! Book online only now...
Captain Scott Walker demonstrates how to rig a perfect Swordfish bait in under five minutes...
Mercury Marine’s next generation joystick piloting system takes the innovation and art of a joystick-enabled vessel to the next level. In 2013, Mercury introduced Joystick Piloting for Outboards, the first of its kind in the marine marketplace. It remains the most precise system on the market and the only system from helm to stern designed to work with a Mercury engine...
Blue Marlin Cove Resort and Marina located in Grand Bahama announces their new partnership with the highly established offshore fishing television show, Into the Blue. The production team from Into the Blue will come to the Bahamas this spring and film 3 episodes of Into the Blue...
Power – Keys Energy- a set back occurred with work in Marathon. Crews from KW to Lower Sugarloaf. Electricity up to 10% in Lower Keys/Key West. More significant progress expected for tomorrow. Needs are fuel, food, water, ice for KES employees to get the work done.
Monroe County will open re-entry into the Keys for residents and business owners in Key Largo, Tavernier and Islamorada at 7 a.m. Tuesday.Entry requires a yellow re-entry sticker or proof of residency or business ownership in those three cities. A roadblock will be put around Mile Marker 74, just before Sea Oates Beach where part of the road has washed out. An FDOT road crew will repair the road tomorrow.
The message from Monroe County Emergency Management is that the Keys are closed to the general public (even residents) while damage assessments continue and utilities are restored. Those who arrive in Florida City will be turned away...
At about 8 p.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 15, the opening day of deer season in South Carolina’s Lowcountry, Steve Rodger felt about as low as a hunter could feel...
Kudos to the BBC Earth filmmakers on capturing some of the most incredible flying fish footage ever.
As this giant shark approaches the cage it does a different kind of shark attack then we have ever seen before...